Email me if you would like a notification whenever I post to the blog. Please tell me a bit about why you are reading, too!

New Here? Read the blog from the beginning (it's worth it!). Start in the July 2005 archive.

The dates in the posts are when things actually happened. Since I had no Internet in Basic, I'm entering my blog now.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Push, Sit, Run!

Today was the final PT test. To graduate from BCT, you need to score at least 50 points in each of three events: The pushup, the sit-up, and the two-mile run. The actual numbers you need to get depend on your age. Being 39, my Drill Sergeants joke that all I have to do is show up breathing to pass the test. Just passing, though, is not my goal. I want to excel.

Unfortunately we have been able to do very little PT (physical training) the past few weeks. Much of what we did do is tailored to help those who are having trouble meeting minimums just barely squeak by without hurting themselves. This is not just my opinion: many Drill Sergeants complain about the new PT system they are required to implement. Still, I was able to improve upon my practice tests. I did want to break 16 minutes for my two-mile run and fell short by 6 seconds, but got respectable scores of 72 points on my pushups, and 80 points on each of sit-ups and the two-mile run. I still have a lot to improve before I finish AIT (my goal is to finish with at least 90 points in each event).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[banner exchange]

Click Here!


BuildTrafficX.com - 2,500 Free Credits - Just For Signing Up!
Technorati Profile