Email me if you would like a notification whenever I post to the blog. Please tell me a bit about why you are reading, too!

New Here? Read the blog from the beginning (it's worth it!). Start in the July 2005 archive.

The dates in the posts are when things actually happened. Since I had no Internet in Basic, I'm entering my blog now.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Spoon Platoon

As I left Reception, I wondered who would do well, and who would have a hard time adapting. It did not take long to see. Witherspoon (son of the boxer) wa the first to show a serious attitude problem. He had been getting on the Drill Sergeant's nerves for a few days. This evening, we were all in the classroom, and were supposed to do some pushups. Witherspoon decided to be 'slick' and stop pushing whenever the DS looked in a different direction. Unfortunately for him, he's not the first to try that trick and the DS caught him. He got an on-the-spot lecture on integrity (one of seven Army core values), then had to stand facing the wall for over an hour. After the class, the DS had 4th Platoon fall out to take showers. When Witherspoon started to leave too, the DS said "Not you Spoon! You're not in 4th Platoon right now. Your in Spoon Platoon". We all had a good laugh over that. In the days that followed he joked about the "Spoon Platoon", too. The whole ordeal seems to have helped him. I haven't seen him in trouble since then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[banner exchange]

Click Here!


BuildTrafficX.com - 2,500 Free Credits - Just For Signing Up!
Technorati Profile