Email me if you would like a notification whenever I post to the blog. Please tell me a bit about why you are reading, too!

New Here? Read the blog from the beginning (it's worth it!). Start in the July 2005 archive.

The dates in the posts are when things actually happened. Since I had no Internet in Basic, I'm entering my blog now.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Practice Quest

Today we were back on the same range. I got to shoot it for the 2nd time. For many others, it is the 4th or 5th attempt. Again, I "qualified" on my first attempt. Again, many others did not. I still didn't break 30 of 40, the number required to become a sharpshooter. However, I'm getting to know this range and think my chances are good for tomorrow.

I have memorized the order the targets appear in, and figured out just where to aim for each target, given its distance down range. When first fired, a round begins to climb. Then, after a few hundred meters, gravity pulls it back down toward the actual aiming point. Additionally, if the target is slightly up or down hill, aim must also be adjusted. Tomorrow's the day...We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[banner exchange]

Click Here!


BuildTrafficX.com - 2,500 Free Credits - Just For Signing Up!
Technorati Profile