Email me if you would like a notification whenever I post to the blog. Please tell me a bit about why you are reading, too!

New Here? Read the blog from the beginning (it's worth it!). Start in the July 2005 archive.

The dates in the posts are when things actually happened. Since I had no Internet in Basic, I'm entering my blog now.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Double-Duty

Well, Private Hocus-Pocus continues to cause trouble. She's constantly telling others what to do (though she has been given no authority), yet refuses to listen to anyone - be it a well-intentioned fellow soldier in training (which we call a "battle buddy"), or be it a squad leader or platoon guide ("PG"). I am now PG, and one of my responsibilites is to count the number of soldiers presnet in our platoon for evening formation. That is not easy when everyone is walking around, so I give the command "Platoon, Fall In!" That instructs everyone to line up in formation, to facilitate counting. Well, tonight private Hocus Pocus refused to fall in because "she was talking to someone". I gave her the option of falling in immediately, or pulling double-duty. She thought I was bluffing. I wasn't. She must not have enjoyed the long night. She didn't suddenly become a model soldier, but now she falls in when told to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[banner exchange]

Click Here!


BuildTrafficX.com - 2,500 Free Credits - Just For Signing Up!
Technorati Profile