Email me if you would like a notification whenever I post to the blog. Please tell me a bit about why you are reading, too!

New Here? Read the blog from the beginning (it's worth it!). Start in the July 2005 archive.

The dates in the posts are when things actually happened. Since I had no Internet in Basic, I'm entering my blog now.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Things I Miss

It's been about three weeks now since I left for Fort Jackson. In that time, my life has completely changed. I'm in an environment to turn civilians into soldiers in just 9 weeks. To facilitate that, every aspect of life is strictly controlled. Of course, that leads to missing things. I miss my friends and family, and most especially Rose. Other than that, though, topping the list are some things you might not expect. Right up there is a sofa - we have no where to sit day in, day out, except the floor (though I must admit, right at this moment, I'm lounging on my bed writing this. A calculated risk, as most of the DS's are home for Labor Day). On a similar note, I miss a table and chair. Unlike many here, I don't miss junk food or sweets - though a good Jamba would taste great right about now. I also don't miss computers, at least not yet - except that I would LOVE to be able to chat and send e-mail. One of the other guys here is a pilot, and we often speak of how it would feel to get behind the controls of an airplane. Just a little over a month to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[banner exchange]

Click Here!


BuildTrafficX.com - 2,500 Free Credits - Just For Signing Up!
Technorati Profile